Toni Carter is an energetic and eager HR professional with 17+ years of human resources experience and 11+ years of multi-unit experience. Most recently, she was promoted to the Regional Human Resources Director position supporting 170+ Neighborhood markets in the Atlantic Coast Region (59) with stores in GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MO, NC, SC, TN, VA & WI. She has been with Walmart since July 2009 and enjoys her role supporting their People Operations. In 2011 and 2012, Toni was awarded the Market Human Resources Manager of the year award in Region 25.
Toni attended Eastern Michigan University and obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Business Management with a major in Human Resources and a minor in Communication in 2002. Toni was very active on her campus as she was chapter President of her sorority, Delta, Sigma Theta sorority incorporated, member of Phi Sigma Pi honors fraternity and committee chair with the Black student Union. Upon graduating from EMU, she was the scholarship chair for the EMU Black Alumni association and awarded over $20,000 in scholarships to undergraduate students with a financial need at Eastern Michigan. In 2008, she graduated from Central Michigan University with a MSA in Human Resources Administration.
Originally from Detroit, Michigan, Toni is happy to call Chicago her new home. Toni is currently an active member of the Glen Ellyn Alumnae Chapter for Delta Sigma Theta sorority incorporated and loves spending time with her sorority sisters. Currently, Toni is the co-chair of economic Development with sorority and leads their NETWORK initiative.
During her tenure at Walmart she has chaired various community projects to include:
Adopt a Family for the holidays
- Local community partners nominated a family in need (Cara, Dress for Success , The Chicago Urban League, Institito Del Progresso, Jobs for Youth).
- 0+ Walmart stores adopted families nominated a family to adopt for the holidays. The Walmart associates donated age, gender friendly toys for each child , the Walmart foundation provided a $500 gift card for each family.
- Walmart and the community partners host a huge gift giving event in which we raffled prizes (TV’s, DVR’s, gift cards , etc. ), health cooking workshops with an executive chef, financial planning and of course we highlight career opportunities at Walmart.
- The parents sat at the table with the Walmart store manager and associate champion that donated gifts for their children.
Walmart Trunk Party with the Chicago Urban League
- Chicago Urban nominated low-income students that were accepted to a 4 year institution.
- Walmart provided a trunk of essentials to send them off to college.
- We hosted a workshop with future college students and current college students that discussed the Do’s and Do Not’s. We also had planners discuss credit cards and money management. Finally, we raffled off prizes to include laptops, ipods, etc.
Co-hort Trainer for Dress for Success Going Places Network
- Toni has facilitated several workshops to include job transferable skills and Navigating communication in the workplace to their DFS participants.
Hosting Job Readiness Workshops with various Community organizations across Chicagoland
- Workshops included a Walmart SPARK presentation to share career growth opportunities at Walmart.
Region-Wide Community Events for the Holidays
- All stores in the region challenged to do a service project in their community during the 4th quarter.
In addition, Toni has led some corporate initiatives to support her associates within Walmart. Some of those initiatives include:
- A talent development program she created called “Neighborhood Market Trailblazers” as well as some stretch projects such as leading the Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives for her business unit.
- She has chaired several Women’s empowerment events, most recently she hosted a daylong session the week of international Women’s day and several leaders across Walmart US attended. Very positive reviews from attendees internally and on Linked-in.
- She has championed several cultural initiatives that support an associate friendly environment to include open door and inclusion training.
Most recently, Toni celebrated her 8 year anniversary with Walmart and enjoys helping people Save Money so that they can Live Better. In addition to leading her Walmart teams she is also the Owner of a Consulting Business, TC Creative Concepts that will provide client skills to cultivate their Visions thru Vision Board Parties and a Public Speaking Boot Camp. In her spare time, she enjoys being a socialite in Chicago and hosting theme parties with friends and family. Toni has a passion for helping others and understands that GOD’s mission for her life is to serve, support and assist in his work for our people. Her passion for uplifting others has become contagious.
ACH is so excited to be honoring Toni T. Carter as our 2018 Woman of Purpose Humanitarian. To hear her inspiring keynote and network with other phenomenal women, join us at the 4th Annual Women of Purpose Awards Luncheon on April 28, 2018.
Get your tickets here: www.acaringhand.net/shop